It is important that we all do our part during this curveball that the Coronavirus has thrown us. Being educated about the virus is probably the most important.
Below is a list of helpful links about COVID-19, what it is, what are its symptoms, and what to do if you feel you have any of those symptoms.
The first on the list, we consider to be the authority on the subject, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The rest of the links are of local government sites. They stay up to date on what’s happening as well as the measures that are being taken to help keep us all safe.
Finally, let me say that our hearts go out to all those affected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We recognize that this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our customers, teams, and local community.
- Coronavirus.Gov (White House, CDC, FEMA)
- Centers for Disease Control
- New York Times Coronavirus Briefing
- U.S. Travel Association
- World Health Organization
- Hawaii COVID-19 Update
- Hawaii Department of Health Disease Outbreak Control Division
- Hawaii Public Health Institute
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism: Daily Visitor Statistics
- Unemployment Insurance
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
Real Estate Industry Resources
- National Association of Realtors
- Realtor.com: Home Selling in the Age of Coronavirus: It’s a Whole Different World
- Federal Reserve Provides Stimulus – Including for Housing
- FHFA: Mortgage Help for Homeowners Impacted by the Coronavirus
- Freddie Mac: Extending Help to Homeowners Impacted by COVID-19
- Bankrate: List of banks offering help to customers impacted by the coronavirus
- 2020 NAR Flash Survey: Economic Pulse
- MBA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau Coronavirus Resources
- JCHS: COVID-19 Housing Resources
Homeowners who are struggling to meet their loan obligations can read through this Protect You Investment Guide for guidance on options provided by lenders.
Here are some of the sites offering tests. Again, officials say the tests require a doctor’s order. Click here for the latest information.
- Queens Hotline (Phone screening) – 808-691-2619, 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Adventist Health Castle Professional Center, 640 Ulukahiki Street, Kailua, HI 96734. Open 7 days a week, 8 am – 9 pm.
- Pali Momi Drive Thru, 808-486-6000.
- Waianae Comp Hospital – 86-260 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792.
- Tripler Army Medical Center: Call ahead at 433-6661.
- Urgent Care Hawaii: The company is offering drive-through testing in Pearl City, Kapolei and Kailua. Urgent Care of Hawaii says you must call your primary care physician for further assessment before coming to the facility for a test.
- Kaiser Permanent Hawaii: Temperature screenings are being conducted for those going to the hospital. For information on facilities and phone numbers, click here.
- The Queen’s Medical Center-Punchbowl triage center: A tent has been erected at the hospital to conduct COVID-19 testing from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Only those with symptoms who are at risk of have coronavirus should be tested.
- Hawaii Pacific Health facilities: Kapiolani Medical Center, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Medical Center on Oahu, Wilcox Medical Center, and Kauai Medical Clinic on Kauai encourages people to call their doctor’s office or clinic first for advice before coming in.
A Quarantine Kauai | Part 4 – Released April 10, 2020
A Quarantined Kauai | Part 3 – Released April 3, 2020
A Quarantined Kauai | Part 2 – Released March 27, 2020
Where to Find Fresh Produce on Kauai During COVID-19 – Released March 25, 2020
A Quarantined Kauai – Released March 20, 2020
Be sure to join my Kauai Life with COVID-19 Facebook Page for updates.
Sign up for our weekly newsletters updated with real estate market updates, Kauai County updates, and much more!